 Off-Topic / Debate / 10690
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Rick Hallman writes:
[a lot of stuff...]

Dudes, you should be robbing from each other with impunity -- think of it as
brainstorming mecha ideas.

   That's my feeling.  It's a mark of courtesy to point out
   everyone to whom you owe some sort of inspiration, but
   darned if I can remember the first person who ever used
   minifig legs as mecha hands (an eminently spiffy idea!),
   and I don't expect an email tirade if I create something
   and then omit the historiographical record of who created
   what greeblie.  Likewise, if someone wants to take
   a building technique or idea of mine and develop it further,
   fine.  Tantrums over toys are best left to toddlers.  Now,
   were it a wholesale lifting of universe elements, cosmology,
   theory, and story, then I could understand Mladen's point
   a bit more.

   It looks to me like Rick primarily posted this because of
   Mladen's response email, which is about the most childish and
   ill-tempered missive I've ever seen.  It contains a threat
   of sorts [1], and I think this was something of a pre-emptive
   strike to head it off.  So I understand Rick's reasoning--
   better to air it now than sit on it and let only another
   person's version see the light of day.

   best

   LFB

   [1] Which it is, even if it's not a particularly nasty one.