 General / 30772
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 05:57:07 GMT

You're not going to get Mladen to cool down - he flies off the handle quite
easily.  I'm not going to waste my time trying to track down his physical age,
but his temper tantrums put him mentally at about 5-6.  He seems to think that
ANYthing he thinks up must have been totally original and noone else has ever
done it, and if they have, they obviously copied it from him (through some time
warp).  <yawn>

Rick Hallman wrote:

I am going to Copy and Paste and email he sent me, my reply, and then his
reply. I will edit it out for the younger viwers because he decided to use
language not appropriate.

MLADEN'S ORIGINAL EMAIL

Both your Wolf Spider M02 spidermech
(http://brickshelf.com/cgi->bin/gallery.cgi?f=4302) and Scorpion M01
(http://brickshelf.com/cgi->bin/gallery.cgi?f=3803) are directly inspired by
my Spidertank(http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/Spidertank.htm). The whole
leg design on >the Scorpion is mine, and the twin gun turret on your Wolf
Spider is directly >inspired by my Spidertank.

Please upload a text file name Credit.txt to both of those models Brickshelf
folders, explaining that those designs are mine or were inspired by my
Spidertank. I would also like a link to my Spidertank webpage:
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/Spidertank.htm.

Also, in this picture, http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=42701, and
in this folder of pictures,
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4267, >you have used Jeremy
Sproat's Zhillch Levitator model
(http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/hmsds/zhillch.shtml). You really ought to
give him credit for this design as well.

You really should have done all these things without me having to tell you
to.

Mladen Pejic
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

---

I also want you to GIVE ME CREDIT on your website for the same models.

Thank you.

Here is my reply email.

Dear Mr. Pejic,
     With all due respect, I appreciate your concern over the similarity of
your models over mine. I have talked to two people in the BrickLUG
chat room >over this issue and they say their is a simularity but only
in the knee >joints. The two people I talked to are current Mecha
builers. Abd about this >being your design sir, I believe that it is
not. I sat down one November >Saturday and thought of how to do this.
Now, if two .space builders both use >tires for engine caps is the
first one going to say it is his idea? I do not >believe so. The
Scorpion M01 Spidermech is partially based on the Dragoon >from the
Blizzard game StarCraft, and a design I came up with after playing
the first disc of Final Fantasy 7. About the Wolf Spider M02, their
is a more >startaling resembelnce in that one, but it is a
reincarnation from my MFA->01 "Bowzer" Spidermech. I disliked the
design of the Bowzer and thought of >one cannon, based primarily off
to the left or right side, but I eventuly • split it into two for the weight deistribution to be correct. The carrige of
that is a modification of the one I came up with for the Scorpion based on
the Dragoon from StarCraft. •      The Zhillich Levitator design is Mr. Sproat's. I will say that right
away because I was having trouble coming up with a design for the
Trk'Pahn. >He asked if I wanted to use his design and I accepted. When
I design the page >for the Trk'Pahn ships and technology I will give
Mr. Sproat the full credit >he deserves. But, until I do, the pictures
are waiting 'in stock' if you >will. The site for 'Enemies of Confed'
is quite bare as you can see if you >read the page. Now, if you wish
to claim that my nanofig ships are based on >Karim Nassar's Pallas
Spaceworks, they are. I started this after seeing his >site and seeing
how easy it was to make nanofig ships. I have talked to him >and he
has said as long as they are not directly based on his design (I.E.
editing a DAT file, etc.) they would not fall under his copyright
policy. •      You said that I should have done this without your telling me too.
Granted you caught me with the Zhillich Levitator (Trk'Pahn), that is
only >because I have not got there yet with my website. I will give
him the full >credit when I move more into the Trk'Pahn ships and
creatures. With my >Spidermechs similar to yours, I am not responsible
for your design looking >like mine or likewise. If all fighters that
have the standard cockpit look >like somebody elses are they copied
from one another? I believe not. I hope >this settles your argument.

With all due respect...
Richard Hallman

And finally, the EDITED version of his email. All eddited will be astricks.

No you arrogant little punk!
The leg design on your scorpion is MINE!!! Please give me credit for it!!!!
*******! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO COPY AN IDEA FROM ME AND THEN THINK THAT
IT IS YOUR OWN!!!
GIVE ME CREDIT FOR THAT ******* DESIGN!
This is my one and only wish! Please do this.
If you do this and don't copy anything, anymore from my website I will be
SATISFIED!
If you don't at least give me credit for the Scorpion leg design, I will get
support from other LUGNETers and you can count on getting e-mail from them!

DO IT!

Mladen

--
Tom Stangl