 General / 30884
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:32:01 GMT

In article <GEL8KE.8HB@lugnet.com>,
"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote:

And I think the manufacturer of the urinal might have something to say if
Duchamp tries to claim rights to the design of the urinal. Coca-Cola might
have something to say about the use of their logo and can design, using your
example.

Hm. Did Campbell's ever have any public comment on Andy Warhol's work?
(Not contradicting, just asking for information in case anyone knows.)
That's probably the highest profile example of an artist using someone
else's trademarked work.

Of course, then we get into the complicated world of the differences
between copyrights and trademarks and patents, and what each protects
against and why some things can be protected by one and not by another.
But that's a discussion for some other forum.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com