 General / 30817
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:59:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Christopher Snead writes:
An artist who chooses to make a sculpture ou of cans of Coca-Cola or • something
like that has the right to be protective of his or her work.

Yeah, and Duchamp can hang a urinal on the wall and call it a "ready-made"
or whatever too.  That doesn't make it art!  Funny though it may be...maybe
even conceptually profound.

And I think the manufacturer of the urinal might have something to say if
Duchamp tries to claim rights to the design of the urinal. Coca-Cola might
have something to say about the use of their logo and can design, using your
example.

I can respect the cleverness of a design without according it the same
rights as *more* original work, that I think is far more deserving of
respect and legal protections.

I'm sure you can come up with examples that will force me to lean your way,
but the core of what you think and what I think about this subject are
obviously very different.  That's okay, we can agree to disagree.

Here, here!  Just discussion of ideas to give people something to think
about...

And I'll have a lot of fun "knocking off" your MOCs in the meanwhile...try
and stop me!!!

=oP

Now, if I can only find that person who first used minifig legs as hands...

-- Hop-Frog