 General / 30795
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:40:33 GMT

Oh geez, not again.

I suppose then that because of the standards Mladen holds others to, he should
credit the creator of the internet and the creator of HTML because afterall, he
uses web pages to show off his work, and that's not original.  Then there's the
creator of the image formats he uses, etc etc.

Lighten up man.

(I tend to agree with Tom Stangl's reply - he's not going to cool down.)

-Tim

"Rick Hallman" <legodude725@removeaol.com> wrote in message
I am going to Copy and Paste and email he sent me, my reply, and then his
reply. I will edit it out for the younger viwers because he decided to use
language not appropriate.

MLADEN'S ORIGINAL EMAIL

Both your Wolf Spider M02 spidermech
(http://brickshelf.com/cgi->bin/gallery.cgi?f=4302) and Scorpion M01
(http://brickshelf.com/cgi->bin/gallery.cgi?f=3803) are directly inspired by my
Spidertank(http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/Spidertank.htm). The whole leg
design on >the Scorpion is mine, and the twin gun turret on your Wolf Spider is
directly >inspired by my Spidertank.

Please upload a text file name Credit.txt to both of those models Brickshelf
folders, explaining that those designs are mine or were inspired by my
Spidertank. I would also like a link to my Spidertank webpage:
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/Spidertank.htm.

Also, in this picture, http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=42701, and
in this folder of pictures, http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4267,
you have used Jeremy Sproat's Zhillch Levitator model
(http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/hmsds/zhillch.shtml). You really ought to
give him credit for this design as well.

You really should have done all these things without me having to tell you • to.

Mladen Pejic
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

---

I also want you to GIVE ME CREDIT on your website for the same models.

Thank you.

Here is my reply email.

Dear Mr. Pejic,
     With all due respect, I appreciate your concern over the similarity of
your models over mine. I have talked to two people in the BrickLUG chat room
over this issue and they say their is a simularity but only in the knee
joints. The two people I talked to are current Mecha builers. Abd about this
being your design sir, I believe that it is not. I sat down one November
Saturday and thought of how to do this. Now, if two .space builders both use
tires for engine caps is the first one going to say it is his idea? I do not
believe so. The Scorpion M01 Spidermech is partially based on the Dragoon >from
the Blizzard game StarCraft, and a design I came up with after playing >the
first disc of Final Fantasy 7. About the Wolf Spider M02, their is a more
startaling resembelnce in that one, but it is a reincarnation from my MFA->01
"Bowzer" Spidermech. I disliked the design of the Bowzer and thought of >one
cannon, based primarily off to the left or right side, but I eventuly >split it
into two for the weight deistribution to be correct. The carrige of >that is a
modification of the one I came up with for the Scorpion based on >the Dragoon
from StarCraft.
     The Zhillich Levitator design is Mr. Sproat's. I will say that right
away because I was having trouble coming up with a design for the Trk'Pahn. >He
asked if I wanted to use his design and I accepted. When I design the page >for
the Trk'Pahn ships and technology I will give Mr. Sproat the full credit >he
deserves. But, until I do, the pictures are waiting 'in stock' if you >will. The
site for 'Enemies of Confed' is quite bare as you can see if you >read the page.
Now, if you wish to claim that my nanofig ships are based on >Karim Nassar's
Pallas Spaceworks, they are. I started this after seeing his >site and seeing
how easy it was to make nanofig ships. I have talked to him >and he has said as
long as they are not directly based on his design (I.E. >editing a DAT file,
etc.) they would not fall under his copyright policy.
     You said that I should have done this without your telling me too.
Granted you caught me with the Zhillich Levitator (Trk'Pahn), that is only
because I have not got there yet with my website. I will give him the full
credit when I move more into the Trk'Pahn ships and creatures. With my
Spidermechs similar to yours, I am not responsible for your design looking
like mine or likewise. If all fighters that have the standard cockpit look
like somebody elses are they copied from one another? I believe not. I hope
this settles your argument.

With all due respect...
Richard Hallman

And finally, the EDITED version of his email. All eddited will be astricks.

No you arrogant little punk!
The leg design on your scorpion is MINE!!! Please give me credit for it!!!!
*******! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO COPY AN IDEA FROM ME AND THEN THINK THAT • IT IS YOUR OWN!!!
GIVE ME CREDIT FOR THAT ******* DESIGN!
This is my one and only wish! Please do this.
If you do this and don't copy anything, anymore from my website I will be • SATISFIED!
If you don't at least give me credit for the Scorpion leg design, I will get • support from other LUGNETers and you can count on getting e-mail from them!

DO IT!

Mladen