 Off-Topic / Debate / 10702
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:17:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  better to air it now than sit on it and let only another
  person's version see the light of day.

Actually, I hear its bad form to publish private email content to a public
forum without the permission of the author.  I did that once or twice and
people got very steamed about it.

That's interesting.  I generally assume that anything I send might end up
in such a forum, whether I wish it or not, so I usually try to comport
myself in a way I wouldn't be embarrassed to own up to later (though my
correspondents may beg to differ!)

AFAIK, E-mail is generally considered private.  Much like other personal
correspondance.  Obviously it's not a very enforcable convention, but there
ya go.

I don't get too steamed about it, although when it happens to me (and I find
out), I make a point of replying and saying 'Don't do that, it's rude'.

And of course, comporting oneself in a way that one is always willing to own
up to is laudable, if tricky. :)

James