 General / 30809
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Snead writes:
So please, respect Mladen's (or anyone else's) wishes.  Ask beforehand if you
plan on posting an MOC with your name on it that obviously uses his ideas.
Otherwise, he may be forced to become a lot more protective of his creations;
and I'm sure nobody wants that!

I'm not sure I picked the most relevant part of your post, but whatever...

But, I strongly disagree with this view of yours.  As others have already
pointed out, there are only so many ways the bricks go together -- AND it's
a toy for crying out loud! Perhaps someone hasn't even seen someone else's
creations and still comes up with the same solution as that person.

And to be honest, if Mladen doesn't want to post because of this, so be it.
I will not exactly lose sleep over it.

There is an inverted element that is a quarter dome shape that I have been
using in a particular way and hoping to post about it first - but guess
what? Three other persons beat me to the punch!  So what! Boo hoo -- woe is
me?! Do I cry foul? Do I whine about the use of "MY" ideas?  Will I credit
others for coming up with the exact same configuration of bricks?  Not
bloody likely...

Get over it!

It's not like we are talking about a wholly original invention or a work of
art that is intrinsically the work of Mladen and Mladen alone. Let Mladen
write a novel, paint a picture, sculpt in clay, or write some code and we
will grant him the rights to such a work.  I think playing with Lego has to
be seen as belonging to another category...

-- Hop-Frog