 General / 30828
Re: Mladen Pejic... Cool down.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:44:12 GMT

Christopher Snead wrote:

I disagree with this.  I've seen the scorpion leg design, and it is almost
identical to Mladen's.  I don't think the design was outright stolen; in fact,
it is very likely that Rick came across Mladen's design at some point, and it
worked its way into his subconscious, only to manifest itself later in his
MOC's.  There are other cases involving Mladen's mechs which were much more
clear cut.  And statistically, the number of ways in which to combine even a
few Lego elements is extremely large.  The point is, had Mladen never posted
images of his mechs, Rick's mech would have almost certainly looked
differently.

Let assume that the leg designs are all same (they are not). So what?
Lego is a *toy* right? And everyone can made versions of the models that
they see around, or made improvement to them or use part of it. What
this gives or takes from you? And most importantly, more than one guys
around could come with the same idea at the same time, because some
problems have very little ways to solve. Could you please learn to deal
with it? When someone copy your own model at full, I mean only
differences between the too are some details like outer bits or the
color scheme, do what ever you want. But claims like "such and such part
of your model is too similar to mine, please worship me ...now!" sounds,
(as I already mentioned) to me just stupid, since I don't want to use
other appropriate words which are not appropriate to use in Lugnet.

Besides this Mladen guy have been very pathetic about this subject, and
made more stupid claims before, in a similar stupid way. He made quite
an impression here with his very own way, and I don't think anyone here
would be happy living with such an impression. I was teenage some time
ago, too. Just like everyone. Being teenage and being stupid is very
different things, though.

Selçuk