 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1649
Re: UPDATE: Re: Weeks Box - round two (...no, really!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:36:56 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
<snip>

I guess it can.  Did the box go to anyone that was not on the list?  Anyone at
all?

I didn't give it to anyone else.

probably mostly just horribly over-reacting based on the baggies and the fact
that so many of the minifigs are missing hands and arms. The past several

What's the deal with the minifigs?  Is there some use for hands that I've not
heard of?  Why are half the figs missing their hands?  And how will they ever
be any good to anyone without the hands?

I have no idea on the figs, I didn't look at any of them since I have enough figs
right now, and spare parts for a couple if needed.

<snip>

Tamy: let us know when she got it and after prompting included some info about
what she took and put in.  She got it 26 Oct 2000.

I know it took me a little longer in sending the box, though that was what I had
talked to you about before sending to Kyle.  And then when we did finally finish
our 3 month trade, and I mailed the box out, something wasn't right and I got it
back, and it took me another day to get to the post office to send it out again. so
that can account for some of the time it took.

Kyle: posted nothing.

Frank: reprted getting it on 20 Dec 2000.  On 1 Jan, he reported what he took
and added.

Shiri: posted some pics on 1 Jan 2001 which basically, told what she was
taking, if not what she added. (though, I think I know from looking at the
contents.)

This was 11 weeks for five mailings.  I guess these results aren't too bad.

2. You will strive to trade fairly.  If you know the market, then you should
know what fair is.  If you don't, then look it up.  Use the most recent
Auczilla, use eBay, ask around, ask me, etc.  There are many resources to
make sure that you're being fair.  I want newbies to feel comfortable
participating, but it is important that everyone is playing by the same
rules.

I'm curious about how each of you handled this aspect of it.  I basically
eye-ball my trades, but I also tend to over-pay and I think that I know the
value of current elements pretty well.  (Though, I'm totally struggling to get
a handle on train parts now.)

I agree it's hard to know what to value some things. Though there are many ways to
find out!!  I'm sure Chris might not have valued the RCX brick as much as I did
when returning parts to the box. Though I felt I was putting in way over the value
of the brick with the sets I added.  In a way I wish I would have left them as sets
going in, though with that many more whole boxes in there, it would have cost much
more for postage than it did.
And.... Where did all the new sets that were in the box go?  (I should have taken
pics...) there were at least 10 FULL boxed sets in there. this didn't dawn on me
till now...

The list of recipients from now looks like:

Russell Clark    Trains, WW, bushes         Technic, Castle, Space
Ran Talbott      Technic, Town(ish) figs    Castle, Aqua*, Adven.
Matthew Greene   misc                       misc
Dave Johann      RR, Space, dk. grey        Pirate, windows, Castle
Erik Olson       Romans and urban edifice   lots of misc.
Chris Weeks      Whatever                   Who Knows?
Doug Finney      trans*, classic, struct    castle, minifig, classic
Tom Stangl       pink, Train, garage doors  SW, Adven, Dark Forest
Paul Sinasohn    pastel, spkwheel, girder+  Technic, minifigs, plates
Mark Millere     train/mono, tech, 1/2 arch castle, SW, WW
Chris Weeks      misc                       misc

I'll watch any responses from this note over the weekend, I'll tune the box,
print a list of addresses, and get it in the mail next week.  (Or at least I'll
try. :-)

Chris

Tamy