 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1492
Re: Weeks Box - round two (...no, really!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

This past weekend, it was at the East Coast Brick Fest and a few people • traded
with it.  There's some good stuff.  And I want it to go out again.

I'm going for a 'quick win' with the box.  I'm shipping it to Tom Stangl who
will share it with all the bay area folks who wish to participate and then
he'll take it to the kidvention and hand it off to David Johann who'll share • it
with the LUGola people who wish to participate and then it'll be sent back to
me.

It's back.  And bigger than ever.  No, I mean really!  It was $18 to ship it
back to me.  I suspect that you folks would rather I pare some stuff out of it
before circulating, so that's my plan.

In eight days, the second GardenSLUG meeting will take place and I'll take the
box (and technic box #2, for that matter) and see if anyone wants to trade,
then I'll go ahead and trim it down for circulation.

As I'm looking at it now, I am thinking that it should go:

name             Out                        In

Tamyra Teed      anything interesting       RockR, SW, WW
Kyle Keppler     Space, SW, trans           RockR, SW, Castle
Frank Filz       Castle, Train, Pirate      Space, Castle, Pirate
Shiri Dori       Castle, landscaping, grey  SW, Town, Space
Chris Weeks      RR drills, 1x3s            bushes, whatever needed
Russell Clark    Trains, WW, bushes         Technic, Castle, Space
Ran Talbott      Technic, Town(ish) figs    Castle, Aqua*, Adven.
Dave Johann      RR, Space, dk. grey        Pirate, windows, Castle
Erik Olson       Romans and urban edifice   lots of misc.
Tom Stangl       pink, Train, garage doors  SW, Adven, Dark Forest
Paul Sinasohn    pastel, spkwheel, girder+  Technic, minifigs, plates
Chris Weeks      Whatever                   Who Knows?

Several of you Californians just had the box, so I put you toward the end of
the list.  When I pare it down, I'll try to customize what goes in based on the
wants of the people that it's going to.  When it comes back to me in the
middle, I'll try to do the same based on what is left from the first cut too.

I think after this, I'm going to consider giving Dave Johann's idea of sending
the box from LUG to LUG rather than person to person.  That way the box can be
a bit more bulky, and the shipping cost can be split.  The problem with that is
that not everyone is in a LUG, and I wouldn't want them to be excluded
permanently.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens.  If anyone objects to the order above,
let me know and I have a week or so to adjust.  Also, if you all would email me
your addresses, I'll compile a list and include it in the box.

Chris