 General / 35092
Re: What is a "review"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 05:22:48 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

<snip>

I'll buy a set or two from almost any new theme or type of set TLC puts
out just to get a feel for what they really are. It's hard to evaluate
the new pieces without having them in hand. From the pictures I would
not have guessed that the Jack Stone columns have garage door/portculis
slots, and that the window/wall pieces slide into these slots.
Interestingly (and probably not surprisingly), many of the pieces I
predicted would find favor beyond Jack Stone are being used to good
effect in the new Alpha Team sets.

So is the garage door/JS column slot workable?  This really would put
these pieces in a much more favorable light to me.  I'd love to see
someone take some pics of this combination.

I haven't actually tried making a garage door with them yet, but I did
verify the slot matched the slot in the 1x2 brick with garage door slot
so I see no reason they won't work.

Frank