 General / 34876
Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:15:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Allan:

I was going to gripe about the new SW sets myself, but then again -- why bother?

I guess my answer is simple Richard.  If no one tells them, how will they
ever know?

I realize that some people are perfectly happy with LEGO and all of its
myriad of products.  But some are not.  I see nothing wrong with telling a
company what you *don't* like about their products.  Smart companies embrace
this sort of feedback, as it helps them to improve their product lines from
year to year.  It is companies who apparently design and develop in a vacuum
that you need to be concerned about.

If LEGO isn't currently in a vacuum, then I think they are at least in an
airlock, with one hand on the OPEN button.

I have been saying for months and still firmly believe that for every step
forward it seems we take two steps back with TLC.  They have lost the soul
of the company and even hired an outsider to *fix* the problem.  The
solutions seem so simple to me.  Why can't they see them as easily as do I?

I don't know.  Some of the solutions seem really simple.  Some of the
product requests (posted right here on LUGNET) seem pretty easy to fulfill.

What can they be thinking?

I've often wondered that myself.  That's what the Expert Builder site is
hopefully about.  Asking these same questions with a bit of fun, a lot of
critical eye balling and a whole lot of respect for the original product
that got us all here in the first place.

Thanks for your comments Richard.

All the best,
Allan B.