 General / 35089
Re: What is a "review"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 04:14:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Sinasohn writes:
In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:

I know I'm jumping late, but this whole thing reminded me of an incident
concerning an arts critic for one of the big two San Francisco papers a few
years back.  He wrote a review of the opening night performance of a play or
ballet or something, and no one would ever have known he hadn't actually
attended the performance except that, unfortunately for him, the lead got
sick and there was a stand-in that night.

BTW I will x-post this once to loc.sf just in case anyone knows about the
critic and whether he got fired or just slunk away into the night, because
I've always wondered what happened.

Hewell Tercuit, at the S.F. Ballet. They changed the entire second half of the
program due to an injury during the first half, but he left at intermission
and reviewed what had been printed in the program.

He was summarily fired. My wife was working on the show that night.

Yay, I knew someone would come through with what happened-- and funny, I
thought it might be you Paul!

Maggie, when you gonna pick up your bucket?  :-)

I figured Hop Frog would be in your neighborhood long before the next time I am
down there, so I assumed he would pick it up.  If he never does, or if it is
getting in your way, LMK.  Thanks BTW.

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115

Maggie C.