 General / 35044
Re: Expert Builder website - Great response results in first update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
[snip]

1)  I gave an equally bad review to the Final Duel set, but Richie didn't
mind because he agreed with me.  Turns out I haven't bought that set either.
I thought that was funny.  :)

The problem I had with your "review" was not that it was bad, but that you'd
included an untrue statement, and that inclusion indicated that it was
extremely unlikely you'd built the set.

And I'm curious... where did I say I agreed with you?

You could be right though - maybe I did agree with you and didn't comment.

Or possibly I didn't comment because I haven't seen or built the set, and
was refraining from not commenting on something I didn't have personal
experience with.

Something which you now admit is true of another "review" on your site.

2)  I have posted (on LUGNET) equally, if not more scathing, comments about
the Jack Stone sets.  In response to those comments no one has ever asked if
I'd actually bought them or not.

Maybe no one deduced that you hadn't bought them or built them. But when I
read your comment on the column, I *knew* you didn't know what you were
talking about.

3)  The review on my site was intended to generate a reaction.  Any kind of
reaction.  So long as it drew attention to Jack and his shortcomings.  I
think it worked very well at achieving its goal.

Sometime's truth gets in the way of a good story, eh?

Play fair (?)

Richie Dulin