 General / 32830
Re: ??? New Theme Proposal ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Richard Noeckel writes:

       ,’,’,’,’,’,’,SOO00oooooo, what’s in your Top 5 list?

Definitely an Egyptian theme, as mentioned previously, in the actual
timeframe. This would do best with a few new elements, as I'd want one set
to be a big pyramid that opens somehow. I think roof bricks with hinges on
them might work best...imagine the top, front half of the pyramid folding
forward and down.

I, too, would like to see an Ice Planet 2003 or something similar. Any new
Space theme NEEDS to have a COOL base!!! The first generation Space sets
through Blacktron had really nice bases, and when everything was put
together it was quite grand.

For the Townie in me (still my fave theme), I have often thought it would be
cool to have a whole "Alpine Village" that includes:
Town square
Swiss Villa Hotel
Camera Shop
Coffee Shop
Restaurant
Gift Shop
General Store
Police Station
Fire Station
Ski Lodge up on mountain made of BURPS and bricks
Micromotor-based cable cars from "town level" up to the ski lodge
Alpine train
Airport with Helistop
Train station
Ski & Bike shop
Car rental
Bus station

I actually had a dream once that the entire thing was available as an
exclusive set through Hammacher & Schlemmer and it came in a trunk shaped
like a 2x4 brick and inside were all of the pieces neatly organized in
slide-out trays, along with all instructions in a really cool 3-ring binder.
I think I need to spend less time playing with LEGO before bed and more time
making out with my girlfriend. :)

Pirates...I want them back. Big ship. Medium ship. Small ship. Island
outpost. Another little village like the Imperial Trading Post. Something
good, please.

Also, I'd like to see a combination of Technic & Model Team to get a very
detailed, but also highly functional line of models. Call it Models in
Motion or something. Some kind of helicopter would be really cool in this
theme. Also it would be cool to have a completely ficticious spacecraft with
landing gear that stows, bay doors that open, some type of surveying
equipment that gets deployed, etc.

Lou