 General / 32772
Re: ??? New Theme Proposal ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:42:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Harrington writes:
Yes, most excellent post, Richard.

On the classic brick front, though, I sent an email to Lego direct last week
asking for a Lego Sculptor kit. I suggested a set contained in a tub, like
the 3033, but the elements would ONLY in one color and would include plates
and tiles in addition to bricks.

Great idea, but one potential problem:  How could LEGO forecast how many of
each color to produce?  Personally, I'd love to get my hands on more of the
'earth tones' (brown, dark grey, tan, green, etc...) - but other people
might be more interested in the 'normal' colors.

How much would you be willing to pay for a 1200 piece tub of a specific
color?  I once heard that LEGO put out the 3033 tub as direct competition to
megablock's tub sets.  The 3033 is being sold very near (or even below?)
cost - a 'sculpture' bucket would have to sell for much more.

On the thought of building spheres, being a computer programmer I did what I
know best - I wrote a program to compute sphere shapes!  It's certainly not
perfect, it only plots 1/8th of the sphere, so you have to mirror that
section to get the rest, but it seems to be accurate.  Now, to convert it
from visual basic to Java, so I can put it on the web somewhere...  :-)

JohnG, GMLTC