 General / 32775
Re: ??? New Theme Proposal ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:54:03 GMT

I believe the single color tub to be the most favorable for a SaH exclusive
but on store shelves it would be a flop. It would take too much floor space
and how would a store order? Would a case come evenly packed? Many giant
retail stores won't reorder a toy line until the entire shelf is sold. If
you lived in a town with few stores would you ever see a purple? silver? The
absence of basic bricks like 2x1s, 1x1s in the catalog and SaH is hard to
understand. I would welcome the arrival of one color 1200 piece tubs. Even
if it came in a box with a b/w label.

Maybe someone should walk through brickbay & ebay with some Lego employees
and let them see what people are paying on the secondary market for lamp
posts or bay windows or monorail track or even bulk bricks. Most of the time
(I have done it a couple of times) people pay more on Ebay or Brickbay than
they would if they used SaH.

Corporations are slow to change, that's why if you look back 50 years most
companies in their hey-day then, no longer exist today. I hope it is not too
late for Lego, bleeding money like have lately, they have gone for the sure
thing, proven licenses. I should think they have been watching some of these
posts and if not shag yourself over to the Lego web site and fill out their
survey, tell them what you want to see. Best of all write a letter! Most
Congressmen say a single letter is worth 10 emails and you know how slow
they are to change.