 General / 32768
Re: ??? New Theme Proposal ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 01:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Richard Noeckel writes:

Instead of always commenting or complaining about what Lego ‘should’ or
‘shouldn’t’ do with regards to its new or upcoming themes, how about we (the
AFOL) offer some genuinely New Themes/Systems that would be commercially viable.

Well I've seen this already done before, but here goes.  And if
LEGO uses any of my ideas I'll be sure to sue their funny faces!  ;]

1) Ancient Rome (Castle sub-theme).  Toss in a "superdetail" model
or two of real structures as well, but that still works in minifig
scale.

2) Ancient Egypt (ditto from above).  Expand on something that was
a real hit, IMHO, with the Adventurers theme.

3) Bulk Elements!!! (tubs, boxes, stockings, who cares!)

4) Renaissance-to-industrialization: kinda like someone else already
suggested.  I really like it.  Picture all the neat things you
could get with daVinci.  They could have minifgs of the famous
people.

5) "Realistic" space.  Space Port was okay, but how about some
sets of the real deals: Vostok, Mercury, Gemini, Soyuz, Apollo,
SkyLab, MIR, ISS, Voyager, Viking, Pathfinder, etc., etc., etc!!

6) Bonus theme: Shania Twain World Tour <G>  I shudder to mention
this, mostly because LEGO will likely jump all over it and start
producing Pop-music crap.  Oh well, what the heck, they're already
selling Bionicle crap to cash in on the Pokemon-style craze...,
Pop crap could probably save the company!

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada