 General / 16243
Re: Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:13:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:

5.  All Minifigs have elbows that don't bend.
6.  Male Minifigs outnumber Female Minifigs by about an 80% to 20% ratio.
7.  Depression is none existant (just look at all the smiles)

Archival information would tend to agree with you, but my recent studies have
shown a virtual explosion in unhappiness.  Frowns, sneers and snarls have
propagated throughout recent population increases such that the common
'smiley' is rapidly becoming a rarity.

The lack of smiles may be due to thier spritual concerns. They might consider
that thier creator is becoming lazy. <Snipped RANT on Juniorization>

8.  Some figs have microphones or glasses perminantly attached to their
heads.

In the case of sunglasses this may be due to the fact that Minfigus (Erectus?)
has known about the harmful effects of UV on the eyes and on thier faces for
years. (Lego(R) fades in direct sunlight?)

9.  Minifigs have no knee's.

This unfortunatly leads to the problem of extreme back pain in some minfigs.
However evidence suggests that this is a very rare problem indeed amongst them.

10. Minifigs can stand for ages in the same position and not get tired.

In general I would agree, but I have noticed an occaisional spontanious rest
period (minifigs will abruptly lie down) which will show no signs of ending
without outside intervention.

See my comment about back pain above.- Lying down may be a cure for this.

Alex