 General / 16139
Re: Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:45:45 GMT

Farlie A wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

OK as a professed LEGO Archeologist, and sometimes LEGO Anthropologist, LEGO...
minifigs first showed up on the planet several decades ago.  They were a limbless
species (known by their Latin name of Minifigicus Stifficanus) that first evolved
circa 1973.  They were a faceless, limbless species that didn't survive long
because of their handicaps.

In 1977 a new species evolved called Minifigicus
Erectus, which developed arms, legs and faces.  This species is very prolific, > and is still with us today.

There is also evidence in the Brickshelf Archives that the two species were
for a short time co-inhabitants.  Why Stiffcanus died out is unkown to me.

More reasearch is needed on the follwing types :

Minfigicus (Animus?) -   A cross breed with variou animal types first seen in
                                      Fabuland.  Animal shaped but exhbiting
humaniod                                       inteligence and values.
  ?                               - A large type seen mainly  In technic
?                                - A closly raleted type to the above,
rumoured to be more                                   femmine in nature and
has a higher female population than male.

A very recent additon is the  Minfigus Scalaus -  This appears to be a very
new breed  being more related to Mattelus Maddona Erectus than to previous
Lego species.

Apologies if my clasiifications are wrong and i would welcome a more trained
mind to point out my errors.

Alex

Gary Istok
LEGO Professor Emeritus

Lest we forget that recent dreaded mutant subspecies:  Minifigicus Timmycanus!

Gary Istok