 General / 16239
Re: Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Buiting writes:
The minifig as we know it today was introduced in 1978. I have browsed my
catalog collection and found only limbless minifigs in 1977 and older • catalogs.

Also see the text on the top of page 13 of the 1978 catalog:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1978/c78us/c78us-13.html
'Some sets include the new action packed Mini-Figures. They have arms and legs
that move, plus sturdy hands for carrying, lifting and climbing'

Also the dutch catalog:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1978/c78nl/c78nl-09.html
'The new, small and funny LEGO figures (LEGOLANDERTJES) can move their arms
and legs and their hands can carry things. Also they have faces and hats,
helmets or hairpieces'

<plug>For more figures and the time they appeared in, see the LEXICON
'F,Figures'[1] at http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/f.html</plug>

-Frank
This set was a promo set, so it wouldn't be in any catalogs.  And Gary's 1977
set is an American only set.
Alan
Random set: <set:107>

[1] I'll alter the 1979 to 1978 this weekend, must be a typo because it was
correct in the notes I used for this page...