 General / 16223
Re: Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
I also have a problem with Minifig Genetics.  For example why are the
following true.

I have noted some inconsistencies with your observations below.  Perhaps we
are working with different population samples?

1.  Only women have Red Hair.
2.  All women are born with and must wear lipstick.

I have noted some exceptions to this - most prominently the female represented
here who is relatively common in my test group - although my
observations as to females to males keeps in line with yours.

3.  All Minifigs no matter what the age are the same size.
4.  All Minifigs have a gruesome bump on top of their head.

Just a speculation, perhaps this is to facilitate interaction with their
environment?  Or another possibility, perhaps minifigus (incl) has a more
direct relationship to brickus genericus than was previously thought?

5.  All Minifigs have elbows that don't bend.
6.  Male Minifigs outnumber Female Minifigs by about an 80% to 20% ratio.
7.  Depression is none existant (just look at all the smiles)

Archival information would tend to agree with you, but my recent studies have
shown a virtual explosion in unhappiness.  Frowns, sneers and snarls have
propagated throughout recent population increases such that the common
'smiley' is rapidly becoming a rarity.

8.  Some figs have microphones or glasses perminantly attached to their heads.
9.  Minifigs have no knee's.
10. Minifigs can stand for ages in the same position and not get tired.

In general I would agree, but I have noticed an occaisional spontanious rest
period (minifigs will abruptly lie down) which will show no signs of ending
without outside intervention.

:)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> Alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.