 Events / BricksWest / 767
Re: Saturday General Session Announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:08:43 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickswest, Dave Johann wrote:
   Partly true. What I see is a group of people trying to put together an event more than 1000 miles away on the same weekend the any attempted BW event would occur. In addition, they are placing it in an area uninhabitted by any LUGs so as to ensure little fan participation outside the Portland metropolitan area.

I’m not really party to any of the other arguments, but this statement is factually incorrect. There are quite a few PNLTC members in the PDX area, and another PNLTC contingent and SEALUG are only 3 hours north (in Seattle, obviously). You can bet on it that many of us will be there to support an event in Portland. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the Vancouver Lego Club folks make the trip as well.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

I wouldn’t be surprised if many BAYLUG, LUGOLA, BAYLTC, SCTLC or San Diego’s upcoming LUG joined in to, but I still stand by my original statement as being factually correct: There are no LUGs in the Portland area. I’m well aware of PNLTC - I have ongoing deals with some of them, but an LTC is not a LUG, it’s a group with a serious focus on trains. When we can point to train displays that have space and castle focii, then I’ll have to reconsider my idea of what a LTC really is.

-Dave