 Events / BricksWest / 746
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:37:57 GMT

My 2 cents here...

I thought one of the big reasons for having Brickswest in So Cal was because of
Legoland? I mean, I guess as long as you're hanging out with your buddies and
sharing your MOC's, it really doesn't matter too much where you decide to get
together. But for a major event on the west coast, it only seems fitting to have
it at Legoland. Afterall...it's Legoland USA!

Let me put it another way: If there was a Legoland on the east coast--let's say
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina--then wouldn't that be a great place to hold
Brickfest? Great weather, pleasant beachfront community, etc. If someone wants
to argue that there's already precedent for having Brickfest elsewhere and why
"move" it to South Carolina, well we can make the same case of having Brickswest
at Legoland twice so far.

So frankly, as far as I'm concerned there is no better region on the west coast
to have Brickswest than So Cal, and no better location than Legoland. That's
just how I feel about it. But if it HAS to be relocated, oh well. That's the way
it goes. It's not like I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I know that right now I
can't really afford the traveling expenses if Brickswest is held in SF or
Seattle, so I'll skip the next one, and maybe the next, until I either have the
money or Brickswest returns to it's ORIGINAL home.

--Dan