 Events / BricksWest / 741
740  |  742
Subject:
Where did BW go? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:38:24 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Dave Johann wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
unfortunately BricksWest will not be able to continue next year.

Interesting. So those of us who would likely be involved in attempting to set an
event up are conveniently left out of the loop while the event itself is moved
more than 1000 miles north of it's original location and well out of the realm
of possibility for attending for most of the southwestern US.

This announcement and the lack of information leading up to it does not even
begin to express how infuriated I am right now.

Now, perhaps if someone can unzip their lips and actually release some freaking
information so we can come to a REASONABLE solution to this 'problem' of BW4002
disappearing into the ether....I don't even want to finish this statement. I'm
too upset right now.

Thanks, Mark, for getting my attention on this one.

-Dave (who's surprised that he's the one losing his temper over this
announcement before anyone else.)

Trust me, I am in no way a happy camper at the moment.

Among the things I want an answer to (so far) is - why no BW04? Why was it
moved? And if it is being moved why is it being moved just a stone's throw away
from NWBrickCon? I find that beyond odd. And why can't an *original name* be
made for the BW04 replacment? In all honesty the stink that arose when BW was
being formed over the BrickFest name, and how we could not use it in any way
still rings fresh in my head... I find the use of the BF name a horrible choice
(nothing against BF, but BF is BF - this is not BF!!). Can some brain power be
put into a new, original name at least??

And are we assuming there is not going to be a BW04? Or is this an actuall fact?

But like has been asked many times from many people - we want answers. I do not
care who they come from - but I want answers. Seems like Steve B knows
something, so lets hear somehting from him.

Mark P