 Events / BricksWest / 747
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:26:39 GMT

Hi all,

I was going to stay away from this, but..

This one time, Daniel Jassim wrote:
I thought one of the big reasons for having Brickswest in So Cal was because of
Legoland? I mean, I guess as long as you're hanging out with your buddies and
sharing your MOC's, it really doesn't matter too much where you decide to get
together. But for a major event on the west coast, it only seems fitting to have
it at Legoland. Afterall...it's Legoland USA!

That's what I thought too. I didn't get to go to BW03 this year, and I'm
really bummed because BW04 sounds like either not going to happen or it's
going to be moved.  All becaues of pettiness.

Seriously, I completely agree. I thought BW was held in SoCal because of
LLCA too.. not because of any of the SoCal LUGs or TLCs.

Let me put it another way: If there was a Legoland on the east coast--let's say
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina--then wouldn't that be a great place to hold
Brickfest? Great weather, pleasant beachfront community, etc. If someone wants
to argue that there's already precedent for having Brickfest elsewhere and why
"move" it to South Carolina, well we can make the same case of having Brickswest
at Legoland twice so far.

What Dan said.

[snip]

I'm not sure I could afford it if it was moved either, but I thought
the whole draw of BW was LLCA? Someone correct if I'm wrong.

Yeah know, I'm sorry that the Bay Area people have to travel, but
they could also throw a BW/BFish type thing if they want to too :)

-Anne
--
For SCO to attack IBM using IP   (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
is somewhat like trying to eat    >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.