 Events / BricksWest / 754
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:29:23 GMT

I'd really like to hear more from folks that aren't in Southern Cal,
Northern Cal or the NW as to what they are looking for in attending a brick
con.  So far, it's mainly us westcoasters that have been commenting about
why it should or shouldn't be held in someone's own backyard.  But those
that have to travel no matter where it's held, if it were held on the West
Coast, what is it that motivates you to go to the con IN ADDITION TO it
being a gathering of AFOLers?

- Is Legoland that appealing of a location?  (Paul is correct, the prices
around Legoland are not inexpensive and Legoland is not designed for this
type of activity either, unless it was a Lego Corp run event and they had
some tents set up in the parking lot like they have done from time to time
for other special promos.)

- Shouldn't a Lego Store, Outlet Shop, Park, etc. be within close proximity
to the venue chosen?  (How many folks that went to BW02 and BW03, or the
numerous BF's go to the venue because they could purchase Lego from a close
by Lego shop?  If that's the case, then that limits the number of locations
in the US.)

- What time of the year makes sense for the show to be held?  Would "spring
break" be better for most folks?

Ray
SPLTC