 Events / BricksWest / 759
Re: Saturday General Session Announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:57:44 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Adrian Egli wrote:
It's also good to see this topic starting getting some attention.  Let's go back
in history to when the BW idea got started.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/lugola/?n=553

So it was around mid September/mid October(help me out) the idea of BW came to
be.  A LUGOLA meeting was held in November to discuss it(and some other things
too) and a few months later, it happens.  OK, so what's the point?

For those like myself who would much like to keep this in So Cal we had better
start planning soon.

I'm in total agree ment there. I've already started preliminary plans using the
connections I could reach on a Sunday. I'll expect better responses tomorrow.

Two routes here, "Plan A" and "Plan B".

Plan A is Matt is going to be doing the organizing again but until any of us get
word from him soon(How soon? I don't know), Plan A will likely crash.

Plan B:  Just as there was a LUGOLA meet held to get people and ideas together
for the first BW, maybe we ought to do it again but sooner.  Say, sometime
around mid September or early October.

How about September 6th? Join us in Mission Viejo at the next LUGOLA meeting and
we can start hashing a few things out.

Doing so around then would give us a
little extra time to plan things out and, hopefully, we'll get word from Matt.
The "B" in Plan B is for "Backup".

Hmmm...looks like Plan B will rapidly become Plan A, but I digress...

We should also look at how the AFOL community has recieved more recognition from
LEGO in the last two years since the BW idea began and examine its use.

Well, no matter what, this even NEEDS to be located near some sort of Lego
outlet. If not Carlsbad, then Aneheim is the obvious choice. I'd like to think
we can work it to draw fans of the brick to Aneheim away from Carlsbad for the
weekend.

I just caught Lar's post and he did bring up an important point others have
touched on as well- name ownership.  If we don't get in contact w/ Matt and
Brickmedia, someone had better come up with a new name for this.

Already working on it. I hate that these naming issues have gone to the lawyers,
but that's the way these things go, I guess.

-Dave