 Events / BricksWest / 744
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:30:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

So untill we know for *sure* the future of BW I see any plans to move it as
rude.

What can be said with 100% certainty is that there will NOT be any fan-run Lego
event at Legoland in 2004 at all.

And at anyrate, I do not see the point in having a fest outside of Southern
California with NWBrickCon goign on in the nortern part of the west coast. I do
not really care if it is in LA, OC or SD - as long as its in Southern California
- but the fest needs to stay in Southern California - the Northern part of the
West Coast already has a con.

Plain and simple, don't be so freaking provincial. Having an event in SoCal
makes it just as hard for the NW folks to attend as having an event in Seattle
or Portland makes attending hard for you.

And don't forget the VERY active BAYLUG/BAYLTC folks, who are put upon by having
to travel to BOTH locations.

The event doesn't 'need' to stay in SoCal - it is just more convenient for YOU
if it is there. That's not in the "Play Well" spirit of things.

Having said that, I'm angry with Steve as well, as I was under the impression
that this would be a collaboration among folks to set up, not a glorified local
LUG meeting run by one group. In particular, I volunteered - and was accepted -
to run registration for the event, but haven't heard a thing about it.

Over to you Steve....

Donning fireproof suit now...

Paul Sinasohn
speaking for myself, not for any organization