 Events / BricksWest / 750
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

So untill we know for *sure* the future of BW I see any plans to move it as
rude.

What can be said with 100% certainty is that there will NOT be any fan-run Lego
event at Legoland in 2004 at all.

Really? Where are you getting this information from? Many of us who want to set
up a Mid-February South Western Brick Event would like to know. I, for one,
haven't heard a thing about it.

Plain and simple, don't be so freaking provincial. Having an event in SoCal
makes it just as hard for the NW folks to attend as having an event in Seattle
or Portland makes attending hard for you.

That's not the point and you know it. Want to split hairs? Fine, let's set it in
Fresno and make everyone 'happy'. Oh, wait...I forgot - there's absolutely
nothing to draw you to Fresno aside from location. Portland has even less unless
you are located in Seattle or Vancouver.

And don't forget the VERY active BAYLUG/BAYLTC folks, who are put upon by having
to travel to BOTH locations.

Again, I say FRESNO! <please hold applause>

The event doesn't 'need' to stay in SoCal - it is just more convenient for YOU
if it is there. That's not in the "Play Well" spirit of things.

No, it's more convenient for most of the southwestern US, which is the entire
point of this portion of the thread. How about Phoenix? Las Vegas? These spots
also qualify as being 'convenient' for the sw US, but aren't known as
traditional Lego hubs (no LUGs), so they get left out of the picture. My point
with all this is WHY move the event away from the LUGs and LTCs where you know
you'll have a successful event and into an area that has few AFOLs? That's what
makes absolutely no sense to me.

Having said that, I'm angry with Steve as well, as I was under the impression
that this would be a collaboration among folks to set up, not a glorified local
LUG meeting run by one group. In particular, I volunteered - and was accepted -
to run registration for the event, but haven't heard a thing about it.

Apparently no one has...

Over to you Steve....

Donning fireproof suit now...

Paul Sinasohn
speaking for myself, not for any organization

-Dave Johann
speaking for self and LUGOLA