 Events / BrickFest / 1910
Re: BrickFest Portland 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Steps are being taken to make the announcement slide set available, but more
importantly, you should expect Steve himself to provide a lot more information
soon, within the next day or two. I'd ask people to consider that before they
post further on this topic.

I agree, and second the request.

(snipping a bunch of stuff I really could comment on, and very well may later
after I've talked to Steve and others myself ...)

I'm excited about this announcement. I'm hoping to be involved in some small
way. But I'm planning to be patient to see how more of this unfolds before I
draw any conclusions. I know Steve pretty well at this point as well as many of
the other people involved and I am 100% certain there is no intent to slight
anyone or overlook any opportunity to take advantage of people who are willing
to make positive contributions.

Yes, absolutely.

I'll probably comment more on all of the above once we've seen some responses
from Steve, and once I've recovered more fully from BrickFest. Personal opinion:
the Portland event is a good thing being carried out with good intentions.

Hope that helps.

1 - "space!!!" says the crowd... it's been a running gag all BF, whenever anyone
accidentally uses the word space in a sentence all the spacers bellow "space!!!"
at the top of their lungs.

(free) Space!!! :-)

-Tim