 Castle / 5700 (+100)
  Re: Body Armor

(...) When I was at the Georgia Lego Outlet earlier this week they had 2 to 3 cardboard displays of set 2847 for $1.99. Last I heard, they ship older out of production sets anywhere in the U.S. Their phone # is 706-216-2800. Ken (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Bruce (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Thinking this over, I have to admit that though Britain seems like a different sort of situation, I'm not versed enough to make generalizations. There are the facts: Caesar turned his back on Britain as if he didn't WANT to conquer it after (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Parthia!

Hey, I found a terrific resource on the web. It helps fill in the blank in my knowledge: what was in the area between Rome, India, and China? Answer: parthia.com! Some of what Wayne Sayles calls "the other ancients". Seriously, this web site has a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Brian What kind of swords do you need. I have a bunch of the silver and the old gray ones. Email me if you want some. Thanks Andy (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Brian and Dave I will also mention that I have a lot of the long gray axes and crossbows. Let me know if you are interested in obtaining some. I could outfit a pretty good size army with what I have. I prefer bows and spears for my army of Black (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Got any stuff for me? hehe. NTFH -wes (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Wes I have stuff for whoever is interested. I'm trying to sell off some of my castle stuff to pay for my other hobbies. I'm keeping my favorite stuff (Black Falcon and Forest Men themes) but all my other stuff is on the block. I have a pretty (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World.

(...) ...<grin>... yeah, that's all, pretty much. (...) Yeah, basically, tho' I think sharing the workload is a good idea. There's a lot to handle at the moment, and keeping up with the people is tough. (...) Hopefully not, when the automated site (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Odd Auction? Take a look...

Check out this auction and tell me what you think. (URL) they're fake, the shields (and the helmets, but is that reflection, or a sloppy paint job on the 4th helmet?) were done exceptionally well. And, what promotional deal would they be from? (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) It looks very simple. This guy made 4 custom knights and is auctioning them off claiming they are legit LEGO products. It looks very obvious that he painted the helmets and shields then put em' on a minifig with armor from the 1997 Armada (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

The armor was also available in 6204 Buccaneers Minifig pack.. of course that's from 1997 though probably still available in some stores in the back of the shelf. Which would be a cheaper way to get ahold of the armor. I personally think that armor (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) IMHO..I think the shields are "bull knight" shields that have a transparent silvery piece put over them. Just enought to allow the original print to show through. It gives the affect of being painted. If this guy is misrepresenting his (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

Well, it's been a while since I've posted any MOC's, so I figured I'd give a sneak peak at the village that's been building up at my apartment ever since we finished the TCS midieval window display. There are 5 new 2-level buildings, along with the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) WOW! I love those Dave; can't wait to see the final product. You've given me a lot of good ideas to, uh...borrow. ;-) I like the chicken coop the best...simple, yet inginuitive. -Chris (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) Oh, it's down? Shucks... I never even got a chance to see it... <bangs head on table>... I'll try harder next time... (...) Very nice! I love the detailed yellow-n-brown one, and the red one ain't as bad as you think ;-)... the way the timbers (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Parthia!

It's a simplification, but Parthia is one of those varieties of Persia that I was refering to. Persia of Xerxes and Darius, the Parthians, and the Parthian successors, the Sassanid Persians, would provide for great building opportunities while being (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Never let it be said that I don't admit when I'm wrong: Dark Horizons ((URL) reports today that Gloucester Cathedral *will* be used. Thinking back, it may well have been that Canterbury was up for it but turned down the production. I'm (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Someone explain this - redux

Here's an interesting item up for auction. It's not mine. The seller says they are "promotional" - can anyone verify this? I'm not going to bid, but since they are across the bay, I'm tempted to ask if I can come by and see them... Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) Wow. Luv all those buildings - even the ugly barn-:) - what i like most was actually the chicken koop. i've never thought of that before and it looks really great! hehe if only i spent as much time collectiong more building materials as i do (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Weapons

Hi, all. I have been slowly building up different weapons for my AD & D game run with minifigs. I recently came up with two hand axes. What set is that from? They are black and have a spike at the top. Is there another smaller hand axe? I also have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Black axes came with a variety of old sets... some that had them are: 6080 King's Castle 6010 Supply Wagon 6040 Blacksmith Shop 6041 Armor Shop 6061 Seige Tower There's doubtlessly more... As far as I'm aware, the only plausible castle weapons (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) more) (...) West) (...) There's also light grey broadswords, brown lances, and brown and black crossbows. -Chris (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Oops, forgot large axes in black, too...<set:8510> (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) -Often also referred to as a Halberd. Also in black in 8510: (URL)-Standard Axe (brown, black, light grey) (as seen in above sets, and many more) (...) West) (...) Doesn't 6091 (King Leo's Castle) come with a brown crossbow? I remember that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Indeed one could: "(URL) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Yep, it does. Four brown crossbows, I think. Someone mentioned black crossbows - what set did those come in? Bryan (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Yep. (...) Town, the green variety in Divers. -Shiri (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Chewbacca has one in the Star Wars minifig pack...I forget the #. It's the one w/ him and two Biker Scouts. -Chris (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tanabry: What happened to Sir Marcus?

(...) (Woah, didn't see this reply nearly a month ago) Yep, the object lying beside the skeleton is the hilt of the broken sword being "studied" elsewhere... Good job on putting the pieces together! :) Bryan (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Maces are home-made affairs, too. I don't have any examples, but I've made a few and seen some pretty decent ones. The rock-hammer is a little too small to look like a decent weapon. I've been meaning to shorten a chain and make a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

So I would think this was a custom job but I recieved two of them from two different auctioners from different states. The midevel hand axe I have has the standard axe blade but the shaft is only half the size. The handle end is proper rounded and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Check out Anthony Sava's page: (URL) Warhammer and Mace MOCs are dead-on; they are elegantly simple, and you know exactly what they are at a glance. I will have to copy both of those weapons. =] He also has a morning star, but did not shorten (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) a (...) Yeah, that was the mace I was refering to. The gear results in a great flanged mace. I'd call the other a maul rather than a warhammer which generally look more like a hard-rock hammer with a hammer and reverse spike (but the one (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Fear me my friends!

Fear me my friends! For there is no end to my madness! I am on the verge of releasing my entirely redesigned website, with new characters, a longer story, siege weapons, a dictionary of medieval weapons, and a glossary of alien terms! Yes, my (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) Anthony called it a warhammer, so that's what I called it. Hehe... you don't have to teach me about mauls, I own one! The one I have is shaped like a very thick axe blade with a "hard-rock" type hammer on the back. No spike, but just like you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) ----Also in Lt. Grey (...) ----Also in brown (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

AAAIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!! <runs back to .space> ~M (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

MARKY MARK get back here right now!!!! don't worry about him.. we'll just toss him in the dungeon if he gets to out of hand :) Don't worry, my SigFig will protect you! Tamy (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Value of pitchfork, trans-red shields, tudor walls

How much would you offer (or has been offered) for a pitchfork, 1 to 4 trans-red shields, or 1 or 2 yellow tudor walls*? *the walls are pretty heavily used: on the first one: the black printing has worn off a bit and there are quite a few scratches (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

(...) terms! (...) Your creations have been a topic of discussion in the Weapons thread. Any more new weapons (besides the siege engines)? Tony (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

(...) story, (...) more (...) As in hand held minifig weapons? Alas, no. However there will be much better, and close up pictures of the three minifig weapons I created. (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

I came up with a design for a mace for a priest minifig of mine some time ago. I used an antenna, a 1x1 brick w/ studs on side, and four 1x1 tiles w/ clip. Here's an illustration: "(URL) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

In lugnet.castle, Tom Reed writes: **snip!** (...) I've had a hand at painting table top miniatures as the need has arisen as well as the occasional model. While I don't presume to have seen all brands and styles of paints, I haven't seen a silver (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

I do know that lego made a chrome "space" helment in the 6100 aquazone set (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) I got my data from BBC Radio. It was on BBC News the same day: (URL) of interest : (URL) A (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set (Protected Spoiler)  [DAT]

(...) My girlfriend and I agreed quite a while back that Rickman would make an excellent Snape. If somehow his younger self (the one who wasted his talent in that horrid movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves") could be brought forward in time, he (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) It seems that the seller is one of us, because I posted a message about his auction about 2 hours before he added that. If he does read this, add a new message explaining where you got them, and how, and you will become a god! (in my eyes at (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Anyone know a good lizardman?

Hey all, I've been planning on converting my weekly RPG game into a Lego page and have run into a snag. Currently, my focus character is an edinos, or lizard man. The game is TORG for those familiar with the dead system, but for those not, think of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone know a good lizardman?

(...) Well... Tim Coats did an 'insect man' that didn't look too bad... (URL) tail though.. but it could pass for a lizardman... Perhaps you could add some Lego string for the tail :) [might look silly, though... I dunno] DaveE (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone know a good lizardman?

(...) Which is, supposedly, being ressurected. Just so's you know. Ah, TORG. TORGy TORGy goodness. One look at my nickname and you should see where I stand with the game. (...) Tail is rough, but you might be able to use the green insectoids helmets (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My First Space Mech

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted anything, so I decided I'd share my first Space World creation with you all. It's Vincent Gage's Mech (name subject to change :). You castle-heads will know who Vincent is, but for everyone else, he's (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Anyone know a good lizardman?

(...) Thanks, I do like the head. Sean (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

Yesss...sss! SOooooonnnn! Very SOOOOooooonnnn! My site is almost complete! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...H!!!...!!! The Madness is strong with this one! (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fear me my friends!

(...) How long to wait? Alan (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Massive Website Makeover and Update

Greetings my friends! I'd like to take this bandwidth to announce that my website has been updated and done over. It's bigger, it's better, it's purdy. But don't take my word for it... (URL) LMKWYT --Anthony (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

Wow. I had seen your stuff before and I like it a lot. Very nice. I hadn't seen your war machines before, though. I Love them! Balista, Catapult and Trebuchet! If I ever built a castle that I am satisfied with, I hope the opposing army doesn't have (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

(...) To be painfully honest, the balista and catapult are straight out of lego. The balista is a modified version of set 6012. The catapult is unchanged out of set 6059. However the Trebuchet is all of my own design. I suppose I should go and build (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Sava" <ajs0093@pop.tamu.edu> (...) during my dark age, so I had never seen them before. I didn't realize that Lego had made a catapult with a counterweight. All of the current ones that I've seen have just (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

(...) Don't be, the catapult wasn't the main feature of its set, and I didn't know about the balista being a set until 3 years after my friend Pat built one for me. (...) Thank you much, I really enjoyed building and testing it. It's a fun weapon. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

(...) If you want to get an idea of what LEGO has done in castle before, take some time and search the Lugnet/Pause Database for "Castle" it'll take a bit of time to load but should return all the different known sets... errrmmm actually for the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  375/6075

I'm trying to restore my classic legoland castle, y'know, the original yellow one. Most of the pieces that I've found missing are minifig accessories. I need all of the following in light grey (Battle axes, jousting lances, broadswords, "coat of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  The Grim Reaper

Hey there. I was creating an icon on Brickshelf today and this was one of the only photos of minifigs I had handy. It struck me that the .castle group might be interested: (URL) I'm not sure if the scythe has been done before like this or not. Oh (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weapons

(...) I manufacture maces using some very old Lego pieces: Back in the Expert Builder days, there were these metal 2-long axles, with a retaining cap at one end and narrowing to a handle at the other. Slide an 8-tooth gear onto it, and it looks (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 375/6075

(...) Good luck Most of the pieces that I've found missing are minifig (...) As it turns out, one of my early sets was the 375. I checked it a few years ago and I am missing so many peices, there is no hope. On the other hand I do have enough of the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Hostile Takeover

Hi Castle Fans, I've made a short little story that might entertain some of you who are bored. If you've got nothing else better to do, feel free to drop by! You'll find the link near the top left of the following page: (URL) as always, comments are (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Trade

I had a #6755, but it lost important pieces, so I just decided to scrap it and use the parts in other stuff. Anyway, I still have the instructions, in decent condition, just missing the corner on the back page (the thing you cut out and send them to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  FS: Castle Sets Auction (not eBay)

Hello Everyone... Please check out my Castle Sets Auction located at (URL) I am selling every castle set that I own, and I was almost castle complete. Thanks, Laura :) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hostile Takeover

(...) Nooooo! I must know what happens! Though you should put Mara on your page so that I know who she is (I'm pretty sure she's evil but with the plot twists today, who knows). Now when will the next update be? Soon, hopefully soon... -Nick (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hostile Takeover

(...) You'll (...) Ditto! I've got to know what happens too! Bring forth the Mara slayer! =) ~Nathan (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hostile Takeover

(...) Great intro! As with the others - we need more! Soon! Great pictures, too! JJ (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  what is a mace and what is a morning star

And how do you tell the difference? And where can I see lego versions of both. And also what is a flail and where can I see one? (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what is a mace and what is a morning star

Here you go. Mace:A heavy medieval war club with a spiked or flanged metal head, used to crush armor. -- i.e. stick with spiked metal head Morning Star:A weapon consisting of a heavy ball set with spikes, either attached to a staff or suspended from (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

I know this is going on a bit and a little off topic, but my mum can confirm that the opposition to Harry Potter being filmed in Gloucester Cathedral consists of a middle-aged couple connected with the Elim Pentecostal church in Gloucester (typical (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

Gloucester (pronounce "glou-ster" where the "glou" rhymes with a ships "bow" ) Cathedral is not considered one of the more famous medieval cathedrals in England (Canterbury, York, Winchester, Salisbury, Lincoln, Ely, Westminster, Exeter, Wells), but (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

I have made my first attempt at customizing a Lego figure. Um, my first attempt is really a horse... Take a look at my pictures and tell me what you think of them! There are three pics showing my leaders for my 100 plus member skeleton army. (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) *thoughts begin to percolate through Matt's head about an undead artmy.....* Keep up the good work! Matt (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) *thoughts begin to percolate through Matt's head about an undead artmy.....* Keep up the good work! Matt (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) *thoughts begin to percolate through Matt's head about an undead artmy.....* Keep up the good work! Matt (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) out what piece you used at the base... Please share! -Shiri (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) I'm also wondering about this'n...and I'm glad someone finally found a good use for all those extra red wands! Sweet horse and emblem, btw! -Chris (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Grim Reaper

(...) Not quite like that, I don't think so... but Richard M has a really nice one up on his site, here: (URL) Tell me what ya think! I might post my headless horseman later if I can (...) Cool! Please do! -Shiri (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Skeleton Warrior on Warhorse

(...) The drum is made of the cone style 1x1 round bricks with a 1x1 red round plate stuck on top. I then used black string to tie the three tops together and then around the waist. The horse was a white horse with black paint. I have painted many (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Funny, I always heard it pronounced "Gloster" (Glo- as in gloss) growing up in the UK. Had some friends who lived there and that's how they said it. Also re the kids nursery rhyme... Doctor Foster Went to Gloucester In a shower of rain etc (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) You'd make a great American tourist over here, I bet you say "Edinburrow" too? :-) I'd say it as "Gloss-ster" Scott A (...) nave (...) rather (...) of (...) making (...) setting (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

Yeah, I've heard it pronounced both ways. I stayed in Oxford for a while, and Gloucester Green is the name of the bus station there. Perhaps its pronounced differently in Oxfordshire. Gary Istok (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Massive Website Makeover and Update

I'd just like to dispell any rumors to the contrary, since ive been getting so many emails about it. Yes, almost every page of my site has new material on it, and four new pages have been added, one of which is only accessable through the villians (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Tales of Illswich, Episode 1