 Castle / 5735
Re: Weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:37:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I'd call the other a maul rather than a warhammer which generally look more
like a hard-rock hammer with a hammer and reverse spike (but the one standard
in medieval weaponry was that there was no standard).  English longbowmen
would plant their defensive stakes with mauls, and take a whack at the odd
french knight who got too close.

Anthony called it a warhammer, so that's what I called it.

Hehe... you don't have to teach me about mauls, I own one!  The one I have is
shaped like a very thick axe blade with a "hard-rock" type hammer on the back.
No spike, but just like you said, there is no one standard.  It's just a tool
I have for chopping wood, but I have had to run off one or two French soldiers
who came around too close to my property with it.  =]

And another thing... it is heavy!