 Castle / 5733
Re: Weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:51:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tony A. Rowe writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Maces are home-made affairs, too.  I don't have any examples, but I've made a
few and seen some pretty decent ones.  The rock-hammer is a little too small
to look like a decent weapon.  I've been meaning to shorten a chain and make • a
flail/morning star, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Anyone try that
yet?

Bruce

Check out Anthony Sava's page:

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/hero.html

His Warhammer and Mace MOCs are dead-on; they are elegantly simple, and you
know exactly what they are at a glance.  I will have to copy both of those
weapons. =] He also has a morning star, but did not shorten the chain.

Tony

Yeah, that was the mace I was refering to.  The gear results in a great
flanged mace.

I'd call the other a maul rather than a warhammer which generally look more
like a hard-rock hammer with a hammer and reverse spike (but the one standard
in medieval weaponry was that there was no standard).  English longbowmen
would plant their defensive stakes with mauls, and take a whack at the odd
french knight who got too close.

Anyway, both well-done MOC weaponry.

Bruce