 Castle / 5721
Re: Weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:19:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark LaRue writes:

    Hi, all. I have been slowly building up different weapons for my AD & D
game run with minifigs. I recently came up with two hand axes. What set is
that from? They are black and have a spike at the top. Is there another
smaller hand axe? I also have a selection of swords including the short greys,
black ninja, grey ninja, silver great and what I think are calvary swords. Are
the pirate swords and clavary any different? Is there any other types? Oh,
yeah, and two types of large axes and spears aplenty. If you have fantasy
weapons I dont, I would be willing to trade some of these as well.

Thanks.

Black axes came with a variety of old sets... some that had them are:
6080 King's Castle
6010 Supply Wagon
6040 Blacksmith Shop
6041 Armor Shop
6061 Seige Tower

There's doubtlessly more...

As far as I'm aware, the only plausible castle weapons (hand held) are:
-Large Axe (dk grey only) (as seen in Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, etc)
-Standard Axe (brown, black, light grey) (as seen in above sets, and many more)
-Hand Axe (black, light grey) (seen in firefighters, native american sets)
-Spear (black, brown, trans blue) (seen all over castle, & now technic)
-Broadsword (dk.grey, black) (seen all over castle)
-Rapier (dk.grey only) (seen mostly in pirates, also Time Cruisers & Wild West)
-Great Sword (silver/chrome) (Lots of castle sets since 1995)
-Knife (silver/chrome) (seen in various places, mostly in divers & aquazone)
-Hand Spear (silver/chrome) (ditto above)
-Bow & Arrow (brown, black) (found all over castle, also in Wild West)
-Crossbow (dk grey only) (various castle sets since... 1993 maybe? 1992?)
-Lances (white, light grey, dk.grey, black) (lots EVERYWHERE in castle)
-Ninja Sword (light grey, black) (througout ninja series)
-Whip (green, black, others?) (mostly in castle, a few elsewhere)
-Hammer/Sledge Hammer (black only?) (mostly just in town sets)

I think that's about it for castle-style weapons that I can think of...
(barring guns, lasers, lightsabers, and weapons you can make yourself...)

Any I forgot?

DaveE