 Castle / 5717
Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.castle, Scott Arthur writes:
Not sure is this is old news, but I have just heard that Harry Potter The
Movie is to use Gloster Cathedral as the Main Set.

Actually, the old news that I has heard (from www.aintitcool.com) was that the
C of E turned down the request because they weren't happy with the idea of one
of their cathedrals being turned into a wizard's school.

Never let it be said that I don't admit when I'm wrong:

Dark Horizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm) reports today that
Gloucester Cathedral *will* be used.  Thinking back, it may well have been that
Canterbury was up for it but turned down the production.  I'm relatively sure
that the C of E were the ones who quashed it, but I suppose the article could
have been inaccurate- or could have assumed that whatever officials turned the
production down were speaking for all churches.

Anyway, this is great news from my perspective, as it means Lego might well
introduce elements that will make Gothic structures easier- like maybe gothic
arches.

Anyway, it should be kept in mind that both Dark Horizons and Ain't It Cool
News are *rumour* sites, so until they are reporting that filming has started,
I wouldn't necessarily bet any money on anything.

eric