Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:12:05 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:G0uz1H.E73@lugnet.com...
<snip>
> Now down here in North Carolina, the locals are so worried about being
polite
to each other that the highway comes to a stop if there is a lot of • traffic
merging from an on ramp (as the highway traffic slows down to let the • other
car in, who has been slowing down because there isn't roomm perfectly in • synch
with each other). Or when a car does merge normally, do they get up to • highway
speed before merging, no (there must be something I don't know about speed
limits, like the speed limit in an exit/on ramp lane is only 45 or • something
stupid), they merge at 45 (or sometimes slower), and then start to think • about
using their accelerator. Of course the whole pattern is totally screwed
because more than half the drivers are from elsewhere in the country, and • thus
are following entirely different rules. They also apparently equip cars • around
here with incredibly strong magnets in their front bumper (hopefully my • new
Saturn will trick these folks!). Everyone I have ever talked to who has • come
from somewhere else is amazed at how close people drive (even on a dark • and
windy two lane country road, and no, they don't want to pass you, if you • slow
down in a good passing zone, they won't pass, obviously they are lonely • and
want company).

Frank

lol!   Am I the only native NC person???   You can't be talkin  'bout the
way I  drive Frank?

just one of the local folks,
sheree