 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 183
Re: Gloucester MA (was: Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:57:50 GMT

Ugh!!
Now that commercial jingle is running thru my head - something something
something "Gloucester Fisherman". The only part I remember is "Gloucester
Fisherman" and an image of an elderly, gray (light) haired & bearded man with a
yellow raincoat on a fishing boat.
Julie

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Tim Courtney writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message

I have a friend from MN who visited there and calls it • "glow-chester-shire"
("glow" rhyming with "plow").  :-)

I think I've also heard Gloucester called "glocks-tah" and "gluss-tah."

--Todd

Where in the world does he get -shire from??  Heck, I'm from the midwest
too, and I always thought it was glow-chester.  Oh well, gotta get used to
how funny you guys talk out here.

That and the midwest jokes...ugg.  Being from Wheaton, IL - Wheaton College
is pretty big.  Gordon is in the same league per se as Wheaton - prestigious
Christian liberal arts schools.  In chapel today, the dean of chapel guy
refered to a speaker we had today being a Wheaton graduate and called it the
'Gordon of the midwest' - which didn't settle too well with me, but heck, it
was all in good fun I know :-)

BTW - Wheaton is probably a notch above Gordon in prestige, so that makes it
that much more objectionable, IMO.  But most of the people are from the
east, midwest jokes are all too common.  Oh well...I'll beat em with my
superior pronounciation of English. ;-)
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114