 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 199
Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:49:15 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Dave Schuler writes:

Yowza!  I'd heard of that place but I never knew if it was real.  Not only
is it a sesquipedalian monstrosity, but it has 17 g's!  Did you type it from
memory or did you have to look it up?

Heh.  I used to be able to do it from memory, but this time I looked it up to
be completely sure of the spelling.

I do know what it *means* off the top of my head, though (which is something I
forgot to mention in the footnote to my last post).

Those of us from surrounding towns call it Web-duh Lake :-)
And for those wondering what it means, it means: "You fish on your side of the
lake, I'll fish on mine, and nobody fishes in the middle" (yes I'm serious).

I don't know any off the top of my head, but I know that in Wales, where
vowels are apparently at a premium, there are some stupendous placenames, too.

True dat.  But this is in Massachusetts. :D

eric

Mike Z.