 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 197
Re: Gloucester MA (was: Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
So how would you pronounce 'Slough' (For our overseas friends, this is a
big Industrial town near LLW)

You mean like how a snake sloughs its skin?  I would say "sloff" with the "o"
being a short o as in pot, zot, slot, etc.

--Todd