 Castle / 5711
Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:10:07 GMT

The armor was also available in 6204 Buccaneers Minifig pack.. of course
that's from 1997 though probably still available in some stores in the
back of the shelf. Which would be a cheaper way to get ahold of the
armor.  I personally think that armor stinks, there will NEVER be
another armor like the 6009 style Castle armor!
I wish lego would unbury those molds, though, they'd probably change the
abs to the same crappy soft stuff they changed the swords to too. :( On
the swords it's no big deal, on that armor it would really suck.

Though I think someone just got a silver paint stick and painted some
iguana head helmets I've done a few myself because it's a good test
piece, I don't care of it mess it up! To bad they are misrepresenting
their product, doesn't bode well for their rep in my eyes.  I know I've
already wondered about a few things he's had in the past... I don't
remember them off hand though.. just remember the user nick...

Tamy

Wesley Pauley wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
Check out this auction and tell me what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=407739250

If they're fake, the shields (and the helmets, but is that reflection, or a
sloppy paint job on the 4th helmet?) were done exceptionally well. And, what
promotional deal would they be from? Anyone care to enlighten me?

<<KM>>

It looks very simple. This guy made 4 custom knights and is auctioning them
off claiming they are legit LEGO products. It looks very obvious that he
painted the helmets and shields then put em' on a minifig with armor from the
1997 Armada Flagship. Then gave each a lance with a flag and a plume for the
helmet and set each figure on a horse. The helmets would have been a piece of
cake but the shields ... probably a few VERY small stencils carefully cut out
after tracing the basic design of the 2000 bull shield. Nice job in
costumizing.

Could these be official, unnaltered, lego products? The answer is very likely
no. It certainly is always nice to see interesting minifigs. Of course i
wouldn't agree with leading people to think they are valuable promotional LEGO
that is hard to get. The hardest thing to get on those knights is the Armada
Flagship armor. 4 copies of the Armada Flagship would've had to been bought.
Of course he may have been lucky enough to find the set on sale. Of course he
may also have aquired the armor through a parts sale/auction.  hmm... they do
look nice.

NTFH,
wes

--