 Castle / 2974
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:53:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brad Hamilton writes:
<snip>

The castle sets look promising as well.  I never really got into the ninja
stuff.  Perhaps I'm more attuned to Western rather than Eastern architecture.
I haven't yet purchaced a 2000 castle set, but I will within a month or so.

These are a bit too juniorized for my tastes.  I love the Mini-figs though and
the siege weapons are pretty good.  Actually I like the Bulls stuff better than
the King LEO models although I like the King LEGO Soldiers and Female figs a
lot.

For Castle fans there are some good parts like in the Guarded Treasury there is
a Gray 1x2x2 2/3 arch window and the Bulls Attack set has quite a few gray
arches.  The new Castle wall piece is disappointing however and if you get
these sets you will have more 1x2x5 DkGray Bricks than you could ever need (For
me 1 is more than I want but there are scads of them in the Castle sets).

On the other hand, the star wars sets seem to be getting a bit "sloppy" with
the 2000 sets.  The ones due out in the summer look even worse from this
respect.  The color coordination is just awful.

I agree slightly but I still think the Star Wars stuff is the class of the
System line I don't care what theme you are into the Star Wars sets have parts
for everyone.  As for the upcomming sets I am really looking forward to the AAT
I am a hugh Classic Star Wars fan but I am not in love with the Episode I
stuff.  That being said though I think the AAT looks like a great model.

Town Jr. is what it is... BLUK.  Who knows though with Brad Justus' comments
about wanting to cater some sets to the Adult fan maybe we will se a Town Sr.
range in the future with Houses, Shops, and Government buildings.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: