 Castle / 2975
Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:00:13 GMT

I really wish we could set what the rules are down on a web page somewhere, so
we could all look them over and comment, and be able to plan our realm(s)
within a predictable context.

Dave's post contradicts earlier posts from Pawel and/or Craig (for example,
only having one initial realm instead of three, when I've personally planned
already for three), and I for one am getting the feeling that these rules are
changing on me with only the involvement of a couple of the year 0 people.

Also, this idea of a committee that rules on limitations: why elevate a few of
the non-creator castle world members above others? That doesn't seem very
courteuos, to forclose cooperation in determining creatively the direction of
castle world, and to disallow a democratic ratification and voting system.

I would rather see a charter, a constitution, a declaration of principles drawn
up, posted for comment, and then ratified by the membership of Castle World as
a whole. Amendments and ostracizing members should be done with a vote of the
membership, not an arbitrarily chosen subset. I have great respect for Craig,
Pawel, and Dave as the creators and primary implementors of Castle World, but
if we're going to be an autonomous collective we can't have an ogliarchy
dictating arbitrarily how things are supposed to be.

I guess my point is that if we lay down the ground rules, and get everyone to
agree to them, then we can enforce them without assigning power to just a few
people.