 Castle / 2984
Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:58:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown wrote a post with a lot of good stuff.

Thanks, James, for putting into words what has been a lurking feeling in my
mind as well.

I think we're having a collective problem, in trying to tie together everyone's
creations into one map, and in dictating units of size for everyone's
creations.

Maybe we shouldn't have one map, because then people lose the ability to easily
create something bigger, and argue about who gets placed next to who, and who's
in who-else's expansion plans. Maybe we shouldn't have fixed realm sizes,
because then everyone's arguing about not having enough space. I respect the
idea of wanting to map stuff and have a realistic scale, and be able to
reference everyone's creations through the map, but I don't think that that
should be enforced on everyone. Maybe, for now, a list of contributors is a
better idea than tying everyone down on a map. Maybe later we can build a map
after everything has settled down.

I want, we want, people to post their submissions to Castle World.
This without any doubt is the most important thing.

The more formal we make it, the more restrictions and rules we put on people,
the less people are going to want to bother with us. For example, in the latest
edition of the rules, you have one creation, so your story can only take place
on a 4096x4096 stud grid. Even though we have unlimited space. You also have no
right to expand your space from 4096 studs to 16192 without possibly running
into other people you'll have to ask to relocate. If you had a plan with a
continent all mapped out and everything, this restriction won't suit you at
all, and more than likely you'll just create your own web site separate from
Castle World.