 Castle / 2983
Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:36:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Catena writes:
I really wish we could set what the rules are down on a web page somewhere,
so we could all look them over and comment, and be able to plan our realm(s)
within a predictable context.

Well... the problem with that being that I don't think the rules are very
clearly defined to begin with-- hence the need for discussion :)

Well, speaking as someone who makes castle stuff, writes castle stories about
his stuff, and gives his minifigs personality, I have to confess I've become
kind of apathetic about Castle World.  No offense to anyone intended, it's
just happened.  I think it was around when Rules started getting discussed.

When it first started getting batted about as an idea, it was cool.  Then a
website got put up, with some basic structure, and it was seriously cool.
People started talking about how to do stuff, and that was very exciting, and
I was looking forward to it - submitted a character, and started considering
how to port my existing storyline over.

Then there was a kerfuffle about how people got what and where, but that died
down and it was still cool.  Then someone (don't recall who) posted an (IMHO)
insanely complicated map proposal, which I'll confess I didn't even read
entirely.  It was still cool.  Then people put forth "how about"s and "what
if"s, as people will be wont to do, lacking other things to talk about, and it
was cool.  Then "yeah but"s, "what if (so and so) does (whatever)"s, "It will
be like this"s, and "you will have to"s started wandering about, and it became
less cool.

Around then, I lost interest.  At the start, it seemed like Castle World was
going to be a very informal place where people could host pictures, or not, or
stories, or not, or interact, or not, or really whatever suited them, in the
spirit of fun castle-ing.  Sort of a catagorized lugnet.castle with pictures
and stories.  It's apparantly turning into a thing with rules and submission
guidelines and things that frankly, I can't be bothered with.

When Castle World happens, I'll look at it.  If I like it, I'll participate,
if not, I won't.

I'm sorry if that disappoints anyone, but that's how I see it.  Castle World,
IMHO, has veered a lot from what was first getting tossed about as an idea.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/