 CAD / Development / 4416
4415  |  4417
Subject:
Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:07:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[FUT lugnet.cad.dev]

I've (finally) posted the page for voting on the next parts update.  Before
you run off to check things out, I've got a couple of items of business:

First off, I want to extend apologies for taking so long on this thing.  The
last parts update was release on Y2K-day.  It shouldn't have taken 3.33 months
to get the vote page up.

Second, this is a fairly small update.  In order to get this update moving, I
cut off adding more parts to the update awhile ago.  There are actually some
parts submitted several months ago that I was not able to include in this
package, because I was unable to review them in time.

If you have not participated in a parts vote before, the procedure is simple:
I prepare the preliminary update package, and post the voting page.  You all
vote on the parts.  Voting closes.  I take the results of voting, get any
additional feedback needed, and publish the update.

To vote, follow the link below.  It will lead to a page with a listing of new
parts.  Look at the parts, download the zipped archive of the files, examine
the files, compare the rendered image to actual, physical parts, look for
flaws.

Your options for voting on each part are:
Vote YES if you feel a part should be released as part of the 2000-01 update.
Vote NO if you feel the part should not be included.
Vote ABSTAIN if you feel you cannot properly review the part (this is a good
option if you do not have an actual part of that type).
Check "Needs Work" if you feel the part should be included in the update, but
there are corrections or improvements which should be made.  Use this option
sparingly.

If you can think of a better name for a part, you can suggest it.  Please read
the name guidelines -- there is a link to them next to every new name entry
box.  Use this option sparingly as well -- naming suggestions have to be
resolved before the update is released.

For LCAD updates, we try to maintain a very high standard of accuracy and
quality.  We feel this best honors the memory of James Jessiman.

If you do not have L3Lab, and are running Windows, I highly recommend this
piece of software for reviewing parts.  The combination of high-speed
rendering and mouse-able rotating are truly wonderful.

Finally, this is a small update, but there are still a lot of parts.  If you
cannot review and vote on all the parts at one time, that's OK.  You can
either review the parts offline, and submit one big ballot later, or you can
review and vote on a few parts at a time, submitting several ballots with a
few parts each.  Your choice.

The voting page can be found at:
<http://www.ldraw.org/download/updates/voting/datvote.html>

Have fun, and vote safely!