 CAD / Development / 4507
Re: Comments on parts up for vote- Pt 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:13:56 GMT

Chris Dee wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, John VanZwieten writes:
4611.dat - Door Barred 6 x 7:  several of the *edge.dat primitives have a
singular matrix.  Ldraw handles these, but it messes up L3Lab.

I'll fix the singular matrices - this was authored before L3Lab was publicly
available.

"L3P -check" has always been able to spot singular matrices,
simply because POV cannot handle them.

L3Lab uses the same file parser as L3P (which BTW is public available in ldglite).
However, L3Lab could easily render edge primitive with singular matrices,
like LDraw does, so maybe I should make L3Lab less restrictive.

Also L3P could stop complaining about singular matrices for specifically
edge primitives, since these are discarded anyway :-)
/Lars