 CAD / Development / 4380
Re: Some Words To BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:35:04 GMT

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Leonardo Zide wrote:
I have researched (Odd/Even), (BSP) and (Winged Edge). There is also the brute
force method of supersampling raycasting, but this one is a NO GO.

  I think I'm using what you call odd/even, I cast a ray from the center
of each face to both directions and check the number of faces hit. If it
can't determine the correct orientation (hit the same number of faces
from both sides) that I try again from other points in the face.

When do you actually stop, when you find the correct orientation ?
or after a few fixed iterations ?
Eventually you could end up with an infinite loop if you are not carefull.
That method does NOT really garantees any correct results due to the way our
parts are defined.

See ya

Rui Martins