 CAD / Development / 4363
Re: Some Words To BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 05:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide wrote:

If you know that a part is wrong, instead of adding a "0 INVERSE"
statement (or whatever you call it now) you just change the orientation,

That's not always possible, as has been discussed.  And is still being
discussed...

I guess that Steve should be able to add a command that inverts the
sequence of points of a quad/tri to LDAO easily (if he has enough free
time).

Yeah, that's a possibility.

This way a program will only have to check for inverse matrixes
on files that are outside the ldraw/parts directory.

OK, but that's a complication for the rendering engine.  It would have
to check the actual path of each file, after the file has been located,
to decide whether the file is 'clean' or not.

And it would still make sense to be able to flag files as being
certified, even if they are outside of the ldraw\p or ldraw\parts.

Steve