 CAD / Development / 4341
Re: Some Words To BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:18:08 GMT

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Leonardo Zide wrote:
John VanZwieten wrote:
  I believe that it's possible to create a program that automatically
fixes the orientation of a part. Take a look at this picture:
http://www.geocities.com/l_zide/1/flag.gif

Well, with Netscape I couldn't see the gif, but with IE5 I was able to see it,
but it seams to be damaged, but I was able to get the ideia.

  The red faces are the back faces and the green faces are the front
faces. The image on the left is the part as it is in the LDraw library,
and on the right you have the part after it's been processed by my
program (just a few errors on the sphere at top).

Well this is exactly what I have been researching for a month now ! and believe
me to be able to correct files 100% is almost impossible, due to the way the
files are built.

Which method are you using.

I have researched (Odd/Even), (BSP) and (Winged Edge). There is also the brute
force method of supersampling raycasting, but this one is a NO GO.

See ya

Rui Martins